The Kingaroy Choofer is proudly made in Kingaroy
Made to last, The Choofer can offer the Caravanner or Camper multiple cooking and heating options. Constructed from a 9 kg gas bottle and adapted for versatility of use
- · The gas bottle exterior is sandblasted to remove all paint and/or powder coating.
- · Two coats of Pot Belly Black or High Temp paint are sprayed on after the Choofer has finished construction.
- · A large door to accept long limbs of wood up to 140mm diameter.
- · A convenient steel rim to assist correct alignment and stability of lid at all times.
- · Robust construction with large holes at base for adequate ventilation of fire.
- · Small chimney with damper fitted on lid to control ventilation of fire.
- · Steel bars (supplied) slide across the diameter to allow a 4.5 quart camp oven to fit neatly inside but remain above the coals. Interior diameter is approximately 305mm
- · With the lid on, and camp oven inside, it becomes an oven within an oven, requiring minimum heat which is controlled by the position of the chimney flue.
- · Slide bars through the top holes and you have a base for a wok, frying pan or camp oven.
- · Remove lid and place a piece of mesh on top ( can purchase from online store) of the lower half for boiling the billy or washing up water. You can also make the toast on the mesh.
- · Remove the lid and use as a fireplace to sit around and keep warm on those cold nights.
- · Great for cooking casseroles, roasts, steaks or that cooked breakfast. Versatile design.
- · Fits neatly into a milk crate for easy packing and transportation with camp oven inside Choofer.
- · Can use wood or heat beads. Works best with hard woods rather than soft woods.
- · A safe contained fireplace. The Choofer has been used in National Parks where open fires are banned.(Permission to be sought and granted)